Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm All Naked!

There is nothing more amazing than opening a brand new makeup palette and using it for the first time. Okay maybe that first cup of coffee in the morning is a close second. The Naked 2 Basics palette came out recently and I definitely needed to add it to my collection. Having used all 3 of the Naked palettes before there was one thing I was missing: an everyday look. Now don't get me wrong, Naked 1, 2, and 3 are great palettes, I would recommend them to anyone who needs a trusty eyeshadow, however I don't want to wear shimmery and glittery eyeshadows everyday. When I saw that Naked 2 Basics had 6 taupe-hued matte neutrals (with 5 brand new shades) I knew it was what I was looking for. 

After playing around with the palette for a week or two, I decided to try a whole eye look, just using this. The outcome was great and it has been a look I've been going back to for the days where I only have time for one palette. Let's get started! 





First, I applied primer to my entire eye to lock in the shadow, then used the pale nude, Skimp (1), all over my lid and up towards my brow. I was so glad that I was able to fill in my brows using this palette too. I used Primal (5) a muted brown matte to lightly fill in both of my eyebrows. Next I swept Cover, muted red-brown, (4) over my outer lid. Working into the outer lid and halfway through the crease I used the smokey brown Undone (6) to give depth to the eye. As for the inner corner I used Frisk, a warm gray matte, (3) and Stark, a nude pink matte (2). To blend everything in I once again used Skimp to soften any hard lines of color. 



I was so happy not only with this look but with my purchase of the Naked 2 Basics palette. With the small size, it is very easy to just bring this one palette with you when you go out of town! What palettes are you currently loving? Should I give them a try?


Thanks for reading!!
xoJess



Check out my previous post: Candles, Candles, Candles!



Come hand out with me on social media!



No comments:

Post a Comment