Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mascara Madness

There is always one makeup product that a girl will rely on. Mine is mascara. If I had to choose one product to use for the rest of my life, I wouldn't even hesitate saying mascara. I've used SO many kinds of mascara (lengthening, curling, waterproof, colors, growing, volume) by so many brands. I have my likes and my dislikes. If there is one thing I overbuy (besides nail polish) it's by far mascara. I currently have 6 in my collection that I use regularly. A couple of them are favorites, some are new, and some are just kinda there. I suppose this will be a review of sorts. (I'll probably mention a few that aren't currently in my collection that I love.)




The first (and my go to for the past few years) is LashBlast Volume by CoverGirl. It comes in waterproof and non-waterproof. Currently I am using the non-waterproof one, however both of them are amazing. I find myself going back and repurchasing this mascara over and over again. The brush is the reason why for me, it's very thick to help pull your lashes up creating a ton of volume. (I'll just note here that all my mascara is either in black unless otherwise stated. It's just my favorite color to use on my lashes.)



Another go to (waterproof) from CoverGirl is Clump Crusher by LashBlast. This is what I use on my lower lashes everyday. It's such a solid waterproof mascara and since my eyes tend to water a lot (especially during allergy season) this is my life saver from raccoon eyes during the day. I have used this one my upper lashes, but it doesn't give me the volume and length that I want so I tend to just use it on my lower lashes.

(As you can tell the tube is really dirty from use)

This next mascara I got as a free sample from when I ordered my books last semester. (I know it's weird, I was surprised to get makeup.) It's the Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening mascara. It has the same kind of brush as the Clump Crusher so I wasn't too happy about that. I gave it a try and found the same problem, it was the the brush. I don't use it too often, mostly as a layering mascara with different voluminous mascara. 


A brush that I really love is the Flamed Out Water Resistant mascara by Covergirl. It originally came out with CoverGirl's Catching Fire line that coincided with the movie's release. I LOVED the volume that I got with this mascara, it's only downfall was that because of the brush, I was faced with a lot of clumps in my lashes. It was nothing a little comb through couldn't fix, just an extra step to add when getting ready.

(Also another very worn tube of mascara.)

I'm sure you've read a TON of reviews on this next mascara, because everyone in beauty seems to love it, and I'm no different. The They're Real! mascara by Benefit is simply amazing. I also received this as a sample from a friend who works at Sephora. From the brush to the formula of the mascara, I honestly don't have anything negative to say about it. Except maybe making a waterproof one! A couple applications are needed to get rid of any clumps (usually none) but other than that, this mascara is a must for everyone's makeup collection. 


Finally I just started using Mega Plush Volum' Express by Maybelline. It's a gel mousse volumizer with a flex tip brush. The brush really lets you move it around to get every single lash covered. The gel mousse formula made my lashes less flaky and brittle even with all day wear. I am using this in the non-waterproof formula, but I'm curious if the waterproof is the same way. 


Here is a photo showing all the brushes for my mascaras: 



Alright a few mascaras that are not in my collection currently, but that I'm also obsessed with are: the Grow Luscious Plumping Waterproof Mascara by Revlon, Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline, LashBlast Fusion Waterproof Mascara by CoverGirl, Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara by L'Oreal Paris, and Glamoueyes Mascara by Stila. 

Leave me a comment with your favorite mascara! What other mascaras should I try out?

Thanks for hanging out!
xoJess

Come hang with me on social media!
Twitter
Tumblr
Instagram

Disclaimer: I bought everything unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own and no one paid me to say anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment