Thursday, July 31, 2014

7 Favorite Hair Products

Since I do a lot of unhealthy things to my hair, I tend to spend quite a while in the hair care section trying to find products that will keep my hair as healthy as possible. From dying to straightening, my hair has gone through a lot the past 4 years and I'd like to think what I use in my hair has a lot to do with how good it looks now. These are my current favorites to use in my hair to keep it healthy.




First up is probably the BEST dry shampoo I've found. It doesn't leave a white residue after you brush through your hair and smells clean too. Clean Freak by Not Your Mother's is available at pretty much any store, I got mine at my local drug store, but I know they have it at beauty supply stores too. I love Not Your Mother's products very much, plus they are moderately priced so it's good for my wallet. I love this because it means I don't have to wash my hair everyday and let the natural oil keep my hair healthy.


Next up is my favorite texturing spray for wavy hair. I use it a lot when I go camping because I don't blow dry or straighten my hair. I've tried I think one other before finding göt 2b's Beach Trippin. It doesn't leave my hair dry or crunchy like the other waving spray I tried. This is salt infused to give you the bouncy mermaid waves that are perfect after a day on the lake. I just spray it all over my hair once I towel dry my clean hair and just let it dry. Super simple and so pretty. 


For hair hydration, I just started using OGX Coconut Water spray. Their line of coconut water products are brand new and actually work. I use the spray right after the shower then blow dry my hair and spray it on again, not only does it smell good, but it keeps my color treated hair super hydrated. This is also a weightless spray so it won't hold your hair down at all. 


To coincide with the coconut water, I have also used the OGX Coconut Oil spray. A bit on the heavier side, I only use it on the ends of my hair because it has made my roots a bit too greasy when i sprayed it all over. I use this the day after I've washed my hair to nourish the ends of my hair all day long. 


I use a lot of heat on my hair, but since I have dyed it so many times, it's not an ideal situation. However, my Mom got Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector Straightening Balm to help decrease the amount of heat applied to my hair. You just apply it to you hair and comb through before blow drying. The bottle claims it should last for 3 days, but for me it hasn't every time I've used it. It mostly just holds for a couple of days. 


To go along with the heat on the hair thing, when I don't blow dry my hair and want to straighten it, I spray my dry hair with Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist. It keeps my hair from burning and holds in the moisture so it doesn't dry out while I use the flat iron. This is one of my most used hair products because I straighten it so much. 


And my final hair product is new to my routine. Since I lightened my hair from black to blonde, it has been very dry, brittle, and just unhealthy. I had been on the hunt for a leave-in conditioner that wasn't too heavy since my hair is prone to being oily. I saw the Advance Haircare Color Vibrancy Root to Tip Fixer in the drugstore one day and decided to give it a try. I was so happy with the results. It's very light and smells great. Plus it leaves my hair feeling soft and healthy.


Okay those are my current 7 favorite hair products. What are some of your favorite hair products? Let me know in a comment below!

Thanks for hanging out!
xoJess




Come hang with me on social media!





No comments:

Post a Comment