Sunday, July 6, 2014

RECIPE: Pasta with Veggie Filled Sauce

I'm all for trying to stick to having one completely vegetarian dinner a week. It just makes me feel better. I have made this recipe once before (minus the bell peppers) and my family loved it, so when I said I was going to make it again they were all for it. This recipe is just a little twist on the normal spaghetti and red sauce, it is PACKED with delicious vegetables that will keep you full and happy. Now this is basically me chopping and tossing veggies into a pan to cook a bit before adding it all into a red sauce. I'm going to give you a grocery list and a (almost) step-by-step guide to making it!

Here is the final product: 
Alright let's just dive right into this with a grocery list


• 2 Boxes of pasta (I used thin spaghetti but you can use whatever you like)
 • 1 jar of Ragu sauce (any kind, I used chucky veggie)
 • 2 cans of tomato sauce
 • 1 can of diced tomatoes
 • 1 container of yellow tomatoes
 • 6 mini bell peppers any color
 • 3 zucchini 
 • 1 red onion
 • 5 cloves of garlic
 • Wine is optional, but I suggest it :)

Step 1: Chop up all the veggies. Halve the zucchini to help it cook faster. Halve the yellow tomatoes. 

Step 2: Chop up your garlic and onion and put them in a deep frying pan with some olive oil and turn the heat on medium. This is going to be the base for the rest of the veggies. 


Step 3: Add the chopped zucchini to the pan, this will take the longest to cook. 

Step 4: Add the chopped bell peppers to the pan. 


Step 5: Pour the Ragu, tomato sauce, and diced red tomatoes into a medium sized pot. I personally add in the following spices for flavor: black pepper, Himalayan pink salt, bay leaves, parsley, oregano, and basil. Turn the heat on low.  And keep stirring the veggies in the pan.

Step 6: Fill up a pot of water for the pasta and follow the directions on the box. 

Step 7: Add the halved yellow tomatoes to the veggie pan and stir. 

Step 8: Drain the pasta and add the veggies to your sauce and stir to mix it all. 

Step 9: Serve and Enjoy!!!



I hope you all try this recipe and love it as much as I do. Let me know if you try it and what you think!

Thanks for hanging out!
xoJess





Come hang out with me on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment