Thursday, July 3, 2014

Warped Tour Recap!

As you all know I went to Warped Tour recently, the Mountain View and Chula Vista dates. I went with my friend Jasmine to Mountain View and got to see a bunch of other friends while I was running around trying to see as many bands as I could. For the Chula Vista date I went with Lauren (best friend), my sister (Miranda), her best friend (Michelle), and my brother (Richie). Both dates were so AWESOME and I got to see so many incredible bands. Below the cut I'll just show you some pictures, talk about some bands, my reviews of both venues, setup, and merch.

Mountain View Warped Tour: Held at the Shoreline Amphitheater, I love this venue, I've gone to 2 other Warped Tours there, as well as a few other concerts (Jonas Brothers, Blink-182, Backstreet Boys). The BIGGEST plus about having Warped here is there are real bathrooms. Now this may seem like a weird thing to like about a venue, but trust me, you don't want to go to Warped and have only port-a-potties. It's not a fun time. I'll just leave it at that.

I overslept and got there pretty late, luckily I was meeting my friend there and she was able to get me a skip the line pass and was pretty close to the front of the line so I just met her there. Shout out to Jasmine for saving me! 
The first band we went to see was State Champs and I've never actually sat and listened to them before, but after seeing them I definitely will be. Right after that on the stage next to that one was Cute Is What We Aim For I've listened to them for years. After we headed to the Main Stages to wait for Mayday Parade (my favorite band in the world). Before MP played we saw The Summer Set and Yellowcard. After that we kinda just walked around the grounds looking at merch and passing other stages for a few hours till we went to the Acoustic Basement to watch Nick Santino peform. If you haven't seen/heard about him, I suggest you check him out because he's so talented. Then it was back to the Warhead/Journey's stages to see The Maine, We Are The In Crowd, Echosmith (who I've never seen, but wow amazing). Then I had to choose between ISSUES and The Story So Far, but since it was TSSF's hometown show, I had to go watch them. 

Weather wise, it was pretty mild all day. The sun didn't completely come out till around 5, which meant I didn't get sunburned at all and it's wasn't super hot either. With the exception of 2 of my bands clashing, I had such an amazing time, getting to hear such amazing music and see so many friends that I don't see too often. Here's a little collage of bands. 

Chula Vista Warped Tour: Held at the Sleep Train Amphitheater. I've never been to the venue before but from what Lauren told me, it sounded a lot similar to the Shoreline. Again with the real bathrooms, I was way stoked on that.  I attended this date mainly because I got to see my Lauren and because Miranda, Michelle, and Richie were attending a wedding the day of the Mountain View Warped. So we roadtripped down the SoCal for this date. We got there probably 45 (?) minutes after doors had opened and missed the first set of bands so that sucked, but getting in was easy, the line was already dissipated. Here's a picture of the three best friends that anyone could have. And also my phone's shadow.



Unfortunately, ISSUES and Mayday clashed today which was the worst thing that happened this date. Since I had seen Mayday and knew I'd probably end up crying anyway, I stayed and watched ISSUES and was so glad I did. Here's a picture

After then we passed by some sets, looked at merch, (Sidenote: I really liked how they had everything set up, looking at it you'd think it would be crammed and squished because it was in the parking lot, but it wasn't. I never once felt suffocated or crowded). One band I saw that I didn't listen to before was Neck Deep. Lauren wanted to go see them. I'll definitely be listening to them more. Also stopped by the BeatPort stage to watch Ty (DJ Scout) from ISSUES play a set and he was amazing. Then of course went and saw The Maine again. Went to Nick Santino/The Maine's tent to purchase Nick's album Big Skies and was luckily enough to get him to sign it and take a photo, also met John from The Maine. 

Weather wasn't too bad, some points I was getting really hot and dehydrated, but no passing out thankfully. I brought a plastic water bottle in with me and honestly refilled it probably 5 times. I did end up getting a pretty rad sunburn, despite reapplying sunblock ALL DAY. 

Finally ended the day with TSSF again. Always great getting to see them play, the crowd for them was massive. Another successful Warped Tour year and of course I cannot wait for next year already. If you have never gone to Warped Tour I definitely suggest going, even if you don't know many bands, you're still going to have an unbelievable time!! Check their website for the rest of the dates here




Thanks for hanging out! 
xoJess 

Going to Warped? Peep at My Warped Tour Essentials post
Come hang out with me on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment