Wednesday, August 13, 2014

5 Camping Essentials

So every summer my family and I go camping and honestly I leave a good amount of makeup and hair products at home because ain't nobody got time to be all made up when you're just gonna sweat it off. That's not a cute look. However there are a few items that I definitely bring with me just to liven up my face in the morning and my hair after a day of swimming. 




Now in NO WAY am I saying you have to bring any of this with you, I just prefer to have these items on hand just in case I need them. 

  1. Moisturizer with an SPF! Obviously you don't want to get sunburned while on vacation. Peeling faces are never fun. Since the lake water and dry weather tends to dry my skin out I use it everyday. My all time favorite (and the one I've been using since I was 16) is Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisture with sunscreen SPF 15. I know the SPF isn't super high, but I mainly use it for the moisturizer part and the SPF just as a daily sun protector. 
  2. Leave-In Conditioner. Of course since my hair is super dry already the hot weather doesn't help so a leave-in is definitely an essential for me. I'm currently using L'Oreal's Advance Haircare Color Vibrancy Root to Tip Fixer mostly for the tips of my hair after swimming all day. 
  3. Waterproof Concealer. I don't know about you but when I'm camping I stay up really late and wake up usually around 9. So I develop some lovely dark circles under my eyes. I don't want to look like I only got 5 hours of sleep the night before so when I discovered that NYX Cosmetics had a waterproof concealer I gave it a try and discovered that it really worked. The concealer stick I got was CS01 Porcelain (light shade with blue undertones), but they have a lot of different colors with different undertones to help you really match your skin tone.  
  4. Waterproof Mascara. Normally I rarely will put on mascara while camping, but there are certain days where I just feel tired to I use the mascara to just make my eyes look awake. Just a few swipes on my upper lashes and I look charged up. Plus the waterproof lets me wear it in the water without raccoon eyes later. 
  5. Hair Texturing Spray. I let my hair go when I'm camping. No blow drying. No flat iron. No curling iron. Just washing and air drying. Since my hair can get a little out of hand in humid weather I've opted to use a waving spray to help manage it. If you read my 7 Favorite Hair Products you'll know I love thgöt 2b's Beach Trippin for my mermaid waves. 
That's all I have for you today. What are some of your essentials that you bring camping or on any vacation you're taking this summer? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading!
xoJess

Read my previous post: 7 Favorite Hair Products 
Come hang out with me on social media!





No comments:

Post a Comment