Wednesday, November 5, 2014

RECIPE: Restaurant Style Quesadillas

Do you ever just crave a food and all you can think about is getting home to make it? Well that was me this week. I was craving a restaurant style quesadilla, but didn't want to go out to a restaurant. Quesadillas are pretty big in my family, they can be a whole meal. if you pack it full with veggies and protein. This is a quick and easy meal that will leave you full and satisfied. 
Let's get started! 




First you need all your ingredients. I opted for just black beans as my protein, but you can use chicken, pork, or beef if you want.

  • Black beans
  • Your choice of meat (if you want)
  • Cheese (I chose a Mexican blend)
  • Bell peppers, any color
  • Red onion
  • Corn
  • Large flour tortillas

Next put one tortilla in a large skillet and add some cheese as a base. The heat should be turned medium/low, to get the cheese to melt. 

Now add your protein and red onion. In my case it was black beans. 


The cheese should be melting at this point, so add the rest of your veggies, bell peppers and corn. Then top with a little more cheese and the other tortilla. 


It should take a few minutes for all the cheese to melt and the veggies to get hot. You'll have to flip over the whole thing carefully to brown the other tortilla. I recommend using the biggest spatula you have for this. 


After all the cheese has melted you are ready to cut it up with a knife or pizza cutter and enjoy. I like to dip mine in my homemade guacamole! If you want to see a recipe for my homemade guac or my pico de gallo, let me know in the comments and I'll be sure to write that up too! 


Thanks for reading!!
xoJess



Check out my previous post: Love with Food Unboxing



Come hang out with me on social media! 






No comments:

Post a Comment