Thursday, August 28, 2014

RECIPE: Sweet Potato Fries

You can say I'm a bit obsessed with sweet potato fries. Normally, I don't like sweet potatoes at all, except in fry form. I have bought frozen fries to bake for a snack, but I wanted to see if I could come up with a recipe that was easy and still yummy. Luckily, I think I've got one!! 



Let's get started!!




This is very simple recipe ingredient wise. 

  • 5 Sweet Potatoes, cleaned
  • Olive Oil (I'm using an infusing oil mister from Target. You DO NOT need this)
  • Himalayan Pink Salt
  • Ground Black Pepper
  • Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Step 1: Slice your sweet potatoes into long slices. This will take some time. Preheat your oven to 375°.



Step 2: Line a baking sheet with foil, put the fries on it, then drizzle your olive oil over them and spread them around to make sure they all get covered.


Step 3: Arrange fries so they are in a single layer. Sprinkle on the salt and black pepper (as well as the cayenne pepper if you want.)


Step 4: Put fries into the oven and bake for 25 minutes. You may need to add additional time for thicker fries. Some of mine took about 30 minutes to cook. Once they are done take them out of the oven and let cool for a couple minutes, then ENJOY!! 



Let me know if you try this recipe out and if you like it! It definitely satisfies my sweet potato fry craving! 

Thanks for reading!!
xoJess



Check out my previous post: RECIPE: Sweet Corn & Squash Fritters


Come hang out with me on social media! 





No comments:

Post a Comment