Thursday, December 18, 2014

12 Days of Tartemas!

Christmas season is here and one thing that makes me really excited are advent calendars! When I was younger, the chocolate ones would suffice, but now I've replaced the chocolate with something just as good: Makeup! Tarte Cosmetics is a brand that I've recently discovered and when I saw that they put out an exclusive product with Ulta, I jumped at the chance to buy it. (Plus it's and you should buy yourself a Christmas present!) 

The Petite Treats 12 Days of Tarte Deluxe Collection is full of minis of some amazing Tarte products. I was especially excited to get the mascaras and eyelash primer, no surprise there honestly. It was $37 at Ulta and has since sold out. I was contemplating how I was going to write about this product, whether I wanted to write multiple posts or not. Anyways, I'm writing one big post about it because I am actually so happy I decided to buy it. 

Let's get started!






The first three products I got were the LipSurgence lip creme in Wishful (a warm rose color that keeps your lips hydrated and full of color), Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr perfecting primer, and a Brasilliance self tanning face towelette (that I will definitely be using once spring rolls around!




Next up is probably my favorite product in this calendar is the multiplEYE prime lash enhancing primer (I am completely obsessed with this and will be purchasing the full size as soon as I run out of this one. It seriously makes my eyelashes so much longer and fuller looking.) I have yet to try the smooth operator Amasonian clay finishing powder, but have heard amazing reviews on it. Of course you know I tried out the mascara already, and combined with the primer, this was gorgeous. Lights, camera, lashes is a 4-in-1 mascara that lengthens, curls, adds volume, and conditions your eyelashes to make them full and clump free.


The second mascara that I got was the lights, camera, flashes statement mascara. I can honestly say this made my lashes so much longer and curlier than I get with my normal mascara. It is definitely a must for the holidays, especially New Years Eve! At first I wasn't sure what the Maracuja Rainforest Glow was so I did some research online and found out it was a body perfecter! I have a few scars on my legs that I will be trying this on during spring/summer when the weather gets warmer. Another favorite of mine is the Amazonian clay double detox facial mask, it makes my face feel so clean, even after wearing a full face of makeup all day. I highly recommend this mask.



The final three products are the Maracuja Oil, the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush in Thrilled (It is such a pigmented color with a bit of shimmer. I think it would be a good color for any skin tone), and finally the Maracuja C-Brighter eye treatment (This has definitely made a difference in the skin around my eyes.) 

And that is all of the products in the mini advent calendar! I really enjoyed getting all of the samples and will be purchasing the full size of a few of them! What kind of advent calendars are you loving this season? Let me know in the comments! 


Thanks for reading!!
xoJess





Check out my previous post: DIY: Monogram Chalkboard




Come hang out with me on social media! 




No comments:

Post a Comment