Monday, December 15, 2014

DIY: Monogram Chalkboard

The second DIY project is such a fun gift to give! It's very personalized and I even made one for myself. This chalkboard will not only be a cute Christmas gift, but a great birthday gift too. This took a while, but it is so easy to make. Let's get to it! 






Supply List: 
  • 13 inch, wooden letters (mine is from Joann's Fabrics)
  • Challkboard paint (There are tons of brands, I used Martha Stewarts)
  • Paint brush
  • Chalk
  • Ribbon
1) Sand the edges of the letter to smooth any rough sides. 

2) Paint on coat all over the letter and let dry for 1 hour. 

3) Paint second layer of paint on letter and let dry for another hour. 


4) While second coat is drying, it's time to put the chalk in a cute little package. I cut about 7 inches of ribbon to tie the chalk together. 


5) After drying, it's time to condition the chalkboard. All you have to do it rub chalk all over the letter then wipe it off. 


6) After the chalkboard is wiped clean you are ready to show it off. I'll be hanging mine next to my desk! 



Let me know if you try out this DIY project and who you are going to gift it too. I also made one for my sister as well as a couple friends. Happy Crafting!



Thanks for reading!!
xoJess




Check out my previous post: Fuzzy Sweaters and Suede Boots



Come hang out with me on social media! 







No comments:

Post a Comment