Monday, December 22, 2014

DIY: Handmade Etched Wine Glasses

For your wine loving friends I bring you this super fun idea. Etched wine glasses. I made a set of four for my friend for Christmas (but I'm going to to show you two of them to keep the rest a surprise.) This was really easy and I cannot wait to make more of them for myself!


Let's get started!


Supplies needed:
Armour Etch (I had to order mine online because it wasn't stocked in any stores)
Wine Glasses (these are from Target)
Masking Tape
Stickers (I used them instead of stencils)
Latex gloves
Paintbrush


Step 1: Make sure glass has been washed and dried. Place sticker where you want it and cover the surrounding areas with masking tape so the Armour Etch won't run and make a mess. 



Step 2: Put on latex gloves and begin to cover the entire area with the Armour Etch. 



Step 3: I've seen a lot of different tutorials varying in times to leave the Armour Etch on. I found that it looks best if left on for 10 minutes. 


Step 4: Rinse off the Amour Etch under cool water until the cream is completely gone. After, wash the glasses and dry them. 


Step 5: Pour some wine and enjoy your brand new glass!



Thanks for reading!!
xoJess




Check out my previous post: 12 Days of Tartemas!





Come hang out with me on social media! 






No comments:

Post a Comment