Tuesday, December 23, 2014

DIY: Hand Painted Coffee Mugs

The last DIY project I'm working on are hand painted coffee mugs. This is the easiest and fastest project I think. Now I've seen quite a few different tutorials on how to do this so I just took a few tips from each tutorial and wrote them here. I'm so happy with these and I can't wait to make more mugs for birthdays and holidays.


Let's get started! 


Supplies Needed:
Coffee mug (mine is from Goodwill)
Oil-Based Sharpie (found at local craft store)
Rubbing alcohol
Cotton ball
Oven


Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 


Step 2: Clean area you plan to write on with rubbing alcohol.


Step 3: Write, draw whatever you want on your mug. I made a few of these as gifts. 


Step 4: Bake the mug on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes and then let the mugs cool down in the oven. This can take more than an hour. 



There you have it!! An easy last minute gift to give on any occasion with hundreds of possibilities on designs. I love the idea to give the mug with a packet of hot chocolate and some marshmallows for a cozy Christmas treat! 

Let me know if you do this project and send me pictures of yours!


Thanks for reading!!
xoJess





Check out my previous post: DIY: Handmade Etched Wine Glasses





Come hang out with me on social media! 




No comments:

Post a Comment