Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 10 Albums of 2014

I love music and 2014 had some amazing releases that I have been listening to nonstop. These are not the only albums that have come out this year, these are my favorites. Let me know in the comments what your favorite albums of 2014 are! 

These albums are in no specific order (except for the top 3) which are my absolute favorite albums. 

Here we go!!





10. Nick Jonas - Nick Jonas

Released: November 11th


I was anticipating this album since the Jonas Brothers announced the end of the band, with the strongest voice of the three, Nick really hit it out of the park with this. 
Favorite songs: Avalanche feat. Demi Lovato, Jealous


9. Cavalier Youth - You Me At Six

Released: January 27th


The fourth album from the British band and I couldn't even begin to explain how amazing it is. Definitely one of their best. 
Favorite songs: Carpe Diem, Fresh Start Fever


8.  Issues - Issues

Released: February 18th


The long-awaited first full length album from Issues did not disappoint. From the instruments to the vocals and lyrics. Issues, without a doubt, will become one of the top bands in their genre.
Favorite songs: Mad at Myself, Late


7. X - Ed Sheeran

Released: June 23rd


Ed Sheeran needs no explanation. He just is so talented and X just proved it again. 
Favorite songs: One, Don't


6. Four - One Direction

Released: November 17th


It wouldn't be a favorite album list from me without mentioning One Direction. Four is my favorite album the have released. It's more mature than previous albums and the boys have all taken to writing almost all of the songs on this album.
Favorite songs: Where Do Broken Hearts Go, Stockholm Syndrome


5. Big Skies - Nick Santino

Released: May 27th


After releasing a few EPs after the break up of A Rocket to the Moon, Nick Santino released Big Skies just in time for a summer on Warped Tour. I love this album so much and Nick poured his heart and soul into each song. 
Favorite songs: Mood Ring Eyes, Bad Taste



4. People Keep Talking - Hoodie Allen

Released: October 14th


The only hip-hop album on my list and rightfully so. Hoodie smashed it with this album. He gained so much exposure with the release of People Keep Talking and it couldn't have happened to a better person. 
Favorite songs: Dumb for You, Act My Age


3. Sorry I'm Late - Cher Lloyd

Released: May 23rd


Personally, this was my most highly anticipated album of the year. Cher worked on this album for what seemed like years (and appropriately named), but it was well worth the wait. Every track was perfect to me and that's why it's in my top 3. 
Favorite songs: Sweet Despair, Human


2. In the Lonely Hour - Sam Smith

Released: June 17th


The best newcomer of the 2014 comes in at number 2. When I first heard Sam Smith on the radio I fell in love with his voice and honestly haven't stopped listening to him since. 
Favorite songs: Like I Can, Make it to Me (on deluxe version)


1. 1989 DLX - Taylor Swift

Released: October 27th


I mean did you expect anything else besides 1989 being number one? Everything Taylor releases I love. I would probably buy an album of her baking cookies and rapping. Anyways back to her most recent release. She left her country roots, put out a purely pop album and absolutely crushed it. 
Favorite songs: Style, New Romantics, Clean



What are you favorite albums of 2014?


Thanks for reading!!
xoJess




Check out my previous post: Top 5 Movies to Watch on Christmas



Come hang out with me on social media!





No comments:

Post a Comment