Friday, December 5, 2014

DIY: Mason Jar Candy/Candle Holder

Happy December Everyone! I can't believe we are here already. This year has really flown by! Christmas is just around the corner and this year I decided to get crafty and make an assortment of gifts for my friends (and a few for myself) who live quite far just to let them know how important they are to me. There will be a few different gift ideas in the coming weeks that are of course simple, but so adorable.

Today I'm going to show you how I made these super easy candle/candy holders. Now when I send the ones I made for my friends, I'm going to be filling them with Christmas candy and of course a little Yankee Candle tea light for after the candy is gone. I got my supplies from Joann's Fabrics and Michael's Craft Store, but you can pretty much find this stuff anywhere.





Supplies needed:
  • 16 oz Mason Jar
  • Twine (any color)
  • Ribbon
  • Small Charms
  • Hot glue gun
  • Candy
  • Candle
First you'll want to measure around the jar with the ribbon and cut it to the appropriate length; glue it in place. (Gluing the sides of the glass to the ribbon will ensure it stays in place) 



Next you'll need to cut 45 inches of twine to wrap around the top of the jar. Just under the threads is the best positioning. 


Do not tie it completely yet, we need to add the charms now. Loosen the section right in the front and pull the charms through the twine till you have them positioned how you want them. Then tie the twine in the back and cut off any excess. 


There you have it! You can add candy and gift it like that, add a candle and gift it like that, or do both like I am!! I hope you all try out this super cute and simple candle/candy holder! 

I can't wait to make more for my friends! Enjoy and keep checking back for new DIY projects for the holiday season! 


Thanks for reading!!
xoJess




Check out my previous post: RECIPE: Bacon Mac & Cheese 




Come hang out with me on social media! 





1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea for an inexpensive gift for practically anyone who appreciates personalized treats. I love how you show exactly what materials are needed and how easy it is to fill the jars with a tea light or candy. Thanks for showing everyone how cheaply and easily a lovely homemade heartfelt gift can be made!

    ReplyDelete